The Resource Bookshelf
for The Women's Health Forum
Text & Graphic Files
- Every Woman's Health, 18 Women Doctors, Double Day & Company, Inc.,
- My Body: Women speak out about their health care, Marion Crook, Plenum
- Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom, Christiane Northrup, MD, Bantam Books,
- Women's Health Alert, Sidney M. Wolfe, MD, AddisonWesley Publishing
Company, Inc., 1991
- Until the Cure: Caring for women with HIV, Yale University Press, 1993
World-Wide Web Links
- Avon's Breast Cancer Awareness Crusade site offers transcripts of recent online
conferences on breast cancer awareness. Other topics focus on breast cancer and the
importance of early detection. There is a list of support groups across America.
- A worldwide network of information and resources for cancer patients and their families.
- Pictures and descriptions of STDs written in a language that non-medical people can
- The National Institutes of Health addressed the need of women's health by establishing
the Office of Research on Women's Health. ORWH serves as a focal point for women's health
research at the NIH.
- Provides information for breast cancer patients and their families. It is maintained as
a partnership of organizations which provide information about cancer to the public.
- Particularly the Women's Health section
- Edited by Joseph Pastorek, MD, Louisiana State University School of Medicine: abstracts
and peer-reviewed articles for health care providers and consumers (one-time registration
- Emory University Health Sciences Center Library
- from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI).